Friday, December 9, 2016

Jingle Bell Rock Bucket Drumming Routine

I have been sick for 3 very long days (tummy bug) and am finally feeling better. Finally!!!
I had my first of three concerts this morning and it went beautifully, of course with 4, 5, and 6 year olds something always happens that makes me giggle, and today was no exception. I introduced one piece and the kids started saying, "yes", "I LOVE that one", "ME TOO", etc.  The crowd died laughing and truthfully, so did I... it was soooo funny!! :)

Having been sick for most of this week, I was ready to do something fun with my third graders today after our practice and they loved the Trepak Bucket Drum Routine from here. So, I knew I had to make another one to go with one of the pieces we are practicing for the concert!  Jingle Bell Rock is one of their favorites, and my daughter is in third grade and loves to listen to this all year long!
Here is the bucket drum routine:
Perform in a circle, one bucket drum per student or two students sharing in concentric circles, inner circle facing out and they will pass left while outside circle passes to the right.


Music can be found here: 

9 comments:

  1. What version of Jingle Bell Rock did you use? The ones I am finding don't have a middle intro. Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am heading to a conference and dont have my iTunes files with me. Modify the bucket drumming to accomodate your favorite recording. That is an easy switch! Good luck and have fun!

      Delete
    2. hello I am trying to put together a performance for the Christmas play at school and was wondering what version of the song you use? thank you

      Delete
    3. The track I use is from Silver Burdett Ginn's Music Connection, Grade 5, CD 10, track #10. Email me if you would like it - I can't find it on youtube. :( musicquilt@hotmail.com
      You can also use another version of it and just alter the pattern to prepare for the passing part. There are so many versions out there!

      Delete
  2. Hi there, What version did you use here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The track I use is from Silver Burdett Ginn's Music Connection, Grade 5, CD 10, track #10. Email me if you would like it - I can't find it on youtube. :( musicquilt@hotmail.com
    You can also use another version of it and just alter the pattern to prepare for the passing part. There are so many versions out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Aimee,
    Are you able to send me the track for the version of Jingle Bell Rock that you used? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Again,
    Actually I did find it on Youtube afterall. Thank you for sharing your awesome bucket drumming routine. My students love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Song is here everyone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpxNNalLTB4

    ReplyDelete

Submitted comments will be posted after approval.