Friday, October 7, 2016

Nutcracker Bucket Drum Routine UPDATED and with VIDEO!

It is a teacher workday today and I am in the midst of chaos as I finalize my holiday concerts.  We have just started Halloween music and are skipping over Thanksgiving as I have limited time to prepare concert music. My December is usually packed- two days before school is out for the Holiday Break I have 3 concerts!  So we are rehearsing pretty much all of December and I have no extra time to squeeze in lessons on Nutcracker but I tend to do a little the first week back in January and of course, I play Nutcracker Music as students are entering and sing all my transitions to Nutcracker music and frequently add a movement piece into either the concert program or as a parent participation piece, which they LOVE!
I created a bucket drum routine several years ago:








Here is the video (excuse the tee shirt and lazy hair/no makeup; it was a teacher workday!)

Here is a nice listening map to the Nutcracker March:



And for all you heavy metal fans, I LOVE this one:

4 comments:

  1. Itś great, thank you!!! You are inspiration for me. I have a similar blog - www.jaknahudebku.blogspot.cz .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing! I have to ask... what kind of parent participation moves do you add? That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Parent participation at concerts I will usually teach a paper plate routine similar to this one: http://emilyskodalymusic.blogspot.com/2014/12/favorite-nutcracker-activities-for.html

      Delete