Friday, October 7, 2016

Nutcracker Bucket Drum Routine UPDATED and with VIDEO!

It is a teacher workday today and I am in the midst of chaos as I finalize my holiday concerts.  We have just started Halloween music and are skipping over Thanksgiving as I have limited time to prepare concert music. My December is usually packed- two days before school is out for the Holiday Break I have 3 concerts!  So we are rehearsing pretty much all of December and I have no extra time to squeeze in lessons on Nutcracker but I tend to do a little the first week back in January and of course, I play Nutcracker Music as students are entering and sing all my transitions to Nutcracker music and frequently add a movement piece into either the concert program or as a parent participation piece, which they LOVE!
I created a bucket drum routine several years ago:








Here is the video (excuse the tee shirt and lazy hair/no makeup; it was a teacher workday!)

Here is a nice listening map to the Nutcracker March:



And for all you heavy metal fans, I LOVE this one:

5 comments:

  1. Itś great, thank you!!! You are inspiration for me. I have a similar blog - www.jaknahudebku.blogspot.cz .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing! I have to ask... what kind of parent participation moves do you add? That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Parent participation at concerts I will usually teach a paper plate routine similar to this one: http://emilyskodalymusic.blogspot.com/2014/12/favorite-nutcracker-activities-for.html

      Delete
  4. Great information and nice share!
    Thanks for your information, if you need The Cheapest AC Rental Service in Indonesia for events like party, live music, or anything else, you can always try to contact us Arthur Teknik.

    If you in Indonesia and want more information about our service, you can visit us here : http://id.arthurteknik.com

    ReplyDelete

Submitted comments will be posted after approval.