This is from my latest book, Hands to Hands Too, Hand Clapping Songs and Games from the USA and Canada. Available from Beatin' Path Publications at www.singsmileplay.com.
1. Teach chant/song teacher is the leader, students are "all".
2. Teach clapping game at a slow tempo, with chant/song.
3. Perform with partners.
4. Divide class; half or the partner groups are "leaders", others are "all".
5. Perform, then switch so other half of class becomes the leaders.
6. Challenge time; one partner from each pair is "leader" the other partner is "all".
SO much fun!!!
Cross Clap – Cross hands and clap partners hands.
Spray – Pretend to hold can of bug spray and spray right to left.
Dead Bug – Back on the floor, arms and legs straight up in the air, a la “dead bug”.
Teacher Tip: Try this one over and over, faster, slower, high voice, low voice, etc.