Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Workshop March 7!

Cue the music.. "I'm so excited.. and I just can't hide it..."!  Our local chapter of the American Orff Schulwerk Association (AOSA) is hosting a workshop Saturday, March 7 in Davidson, North Carolina!  This is a fun one for me as I get to present with my music buddy, Laurie!  I love working and creating with her; we are like two sides of a coin; one of us starts an idea, another one finishes it.  I love creating with her!!  The workshop is called "Putting it All Together:  Sing, Move, Create, and Play.. with ipads, too!"  Should be a very fun-filled, exciting and BUSY workshop!!!  I am very excited about using the ipads and helping others to realize how to use them in the music room and, in particular, using them WITH the Orff Schulwerk Approach.  Have you seen the book, 'Rabbityness"? 
I LOVE this book.  It deals with grief and grieving, in a sweet, subtle way and without talking directly about death or grief.  It is lovely, full of color, and  a gorgeous, vibrantly painted didgeridoo.  Laurie and I had a good cry over pancakes reading the book (Laurie has recently experienced the loss of her mom) and then we wrote an activity that uses ipads, instruments, and we wrote a song to tie it all together.  I am in love with it already and can't wait to share it.  Hope all of you who are local can make it!  http://www.piedmontorff.org/Amiee_Pfitzner___Laurie_Siegel__Flyer.pdf 

6 comments:

  1. I live in Iowa, but love following your blog. Will you be posting this lesson sometime after the workshop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will probably post a few things from the workshop, not sure about Rabbityness as Laurie and I are collaborating on a book and we might include it there. Thanks for your comment and I'm so glad you enjoy the blog! :)

      Delete
    2. Hi! I've been brainstorming on how to use the story "Rabbityness." I'd especially love to see how you used iPads and instrumentation! Just checking to see if you decided to publish meaning that this "Rabbityness" lesson isn't available to share...? Would you consider selling it on teacherspayteachers...?

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Kari! Emailed you. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello, I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts..
    Voice Teachers Franklin TN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! I love Franklin, TN! Beautiful town. I appreciate your comment and well-wishes. Thanks again!

      Delete

Submitted comments will be posted after approval.