1. School started! Yay and ugh all in one!
2. I had to have knee surgery the 3rd week of school! Yes, really - torn meniscus!
3. My editor decided that my 2nd week of school was the best time to begin edits on my next book!
4. Life got crazy!
I have always loved "Draw a Bucket of Water" and all its many variations. I learned it during Orff Level I training I took in Boston many moons ago!
Here's the version I know:
I love this song and the learning process that goes with it!Begin by teaching motions independently; no partners or groups. Ask one child to do the motions with you, then you each find a partner, then those partners find partners until eventually everyone has a partner. Perform with partners, then ask 2 partners to stay standing while the others sit and show everyone how the group of 4 works. So cute!
There are many other versions of this song out there, here are a few from youtube:
1. I love the sugar shake, such a fun variation!
2. This one has scarves which is another nice variation: