Thursday, August 27, 2015

Hey! Welcome to Music Song

A quick post today with a song you can use for upper grades.  Add a body percussion pattern (patsch, clap) and raise fisted hand on "Hey" and add T (teacher) clapping/students echoing body percussion patterns (in the score).  Create an additional section to create a rondo:  C Section:  T. plays 4 beat pattern on drum, students choose an adjective to describe themselves that is the same letter/sound as their name:  I used Fabulous Pfitzner for myself, I had "Interesting Isaac", "Amazing Allison", etc. Four students, one at a time, say their adjective and name over 4 beats, next student says theirs over the next four beats, etc.  My fourth graders LOVED this!

3 comments:

  1. My K-4th graders love this song! I sing this at the beginning of class and sometimes have a volunteer come lead the class (if I forget to pull up a PowerPoint) and they love it. Thanks for posting :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you've enjoyed using this with your students!

      Delete
  2. My K-4th graders love this song! I sing this at the beginning of class and sometimes have a volunteer come lead the class (if I forget to pull up a PowerPoint) and they love it. Thanks for posting :)!

    ReplyDelete